المصدر: البريد الالكتروني 2011/11/15
First ExxonMobil's move into the KRG was a rumor, then the deals were confirmed without details, and now the six exploration blocks have been revealed.
KRG Minister of Natural Resources Ashti Hawrami at the CWC Kurdistan oil and gas conference Nov. 13, 2011, where he confirmed the location of the blocks signed to ExxonMobil. (BEN LANDO/Iraq Oil Report)
By Ben Lando and Ben Van Heuvelen of Iraq Oil Report
Published November 13, 2011
ERBIL - Iraq Oil Report has obtained the exact location of the blocks Iraq's Kurdistan Regional Government has signed with Exxon Mobil.
* Al Qush: located immediately west of Shaikhan (Gulf Keystone Petroleum), northwest of Erbil city, and formerly assigned to Komet Group but withdrawn for lack of development.
* Baeshiqa: located immediately south of Ain Sifni (Hunt Oil), southeast of Al Qush.
* Pirmam: located immediately north of Mala Omar (OMV). The ancestral home and headquarters of KRG President Massoud Barzani is located within the boundaries of this block.
* Betwata: located immediately east of Harir (Marathon) and immediately north of Shakrok (Hess)
* Qara-Hanjeer: located immediately south-southwest of Chamchamal (Dana Gas/Crescent Petroleum/OMV/MOL).
* Sixth block: located immediately north-northeast of Arbat (Shamaran). Thus far is not officially named, is located along the border with Iran and includes in its area the important Penjwin border crossing.
The locations were confirmed by KRG Minister of Natural Resources Ashti Hawrami Sunday morning at the CWC Kurdistan oil and gas conference.
The deals were "signed and completed 18th of October, 2011," Hawrami said. "It is a final signing."